Health and Welfare Benefits
Benefit Choices for Today and Tomorrow
At PC Connection, Inc. (“PC Connection”), we’re committed to our total rewards strategy of offering comprehensive benefits, competitive pay, professional development, and a positive work environment. An integral part of this commitment is our comprehensive and flexible benefits program—FlexConnection. Designed to meet the needs of a diverse workforce, this program lets you customize your benefits to meet your individual needs.
Eligibility: Full-time employees (34 hours per week) and eligible dependents can participate on the first of the month following one full month of continuous employment.
Choosing a medical plan for yourself and your family is a personal decision based on your specific needs. This is why PC Connection offers a choice between two different medical plans. These plans offer comprehensive health care services with varying levels of benefits. You can select the plan that best meets the needs of you and your family.
Both plans provide prescription drug benefits and promote wellness as part of their benefits. The main differences between these plans are the deductibles, co-insurance amounts, out-of-pocket maximums, and plan costs.
Medical plans available for your selection:
- Open Access Aetna Select HMO - The HMO plan provides benefits only when care is received from providers within the HMO network. Out-of-network coverage is available in life-threatening, emergency situations only.
- High Deductible Open Access Aetna Select HMO - This plan, when combined with a Health Savings Account (HSA), provides insurance coverage and a tax-advantaged way to help save for future medical expenses. Compared to traditional health plans, High Deductible Health Plans have lower employee contributions, but higher deductibles and higher maximum out-of-pockets.
Health Savings Account
Participants in an HDHP who have no other medical coverage may contribute up to the IRS limits to a Health Savings Account (HSA). PC Connection will also contribute to the HSA for every active participant in the High Deductible Aetna Select (HDHP/HMO) plan who is eligible to participate in an HSA. The HSA is similar to a flexible spending account, in that you contribute pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible medical expenses. However, unused money can be rolled over, and is tax-free as long as it is used for medical expenses, even if you switch to another medical plan next year or no longer work for the company. Full-year participants who are age 55-65 can contribute an additional $1,000 in catch-up contributions in addition to the IRS limit.
When you enroll in a FlexConnection medical plan, you will automatically receive prescription drug benefits. All medical plans offer the same prescription drug benefits through the CVS/Caremark Retail Pharmacy Network. Most major pharmacies - CVS, Walgreens, Rite-Aid, and Wal-Mart - are part of the CVS/Caremark network. You can purchase a 30-day supply for generic, preferred brand name drugs or non-preferred brand name drugs at varying co-payment amounts. The prescription drug benefit also offers a mail-order program for a 90-day supply of maintenance drugs - the cost will be twice the amount paid for a 30-day supply.
We offer a standalone Vision Plan that covers eyeglasses and contact lenses in addition to a vision exam. Vision care is provided through the Vision Service Plan (VSP) - a national network of vision care providers. Although you may visit any vision doctor, your benefits may be greater if you select an in-network provider.
FlexConnection offers two dental plans: the Value Plan and the enhanced Premier Plan. Both plans offer in-network and out-of-network benefits and comprehensive dental coverage.
- Delta Value Dental Plan - From participating dentists, you will receive 100% coverage for preventive services, including one routine cleaning and oral examination every 6 months. Basic services, such as fillings, root canals, and extractions are covered at 80%. Major services, such as bridges, crowns, and dentures are covered at 50%. The annual deductible is $50 for individual coverage and $150 for family coverage. The annual deductible does not apply to routine cleanings and examinations. The Value Dental Plan does not provide orthodontia coverage
- Delta Premier Dental Plan - From participating dentists, you will receive 100% coverage for preventative services, including one routine cleaning and oral examination every 6 months. Basic services, such as fillings, root canals, and extractions are covered at 80%. Major services, such as bridges, crowns, and dentures are covered at 60%. The annual deductible is $25 for individual coverage and $75 for family coverage. The annual deductible does not apply to routine cleanings and examinations. The Premier Plan provides orthodontia coverage for children up to age 19.
- Reimbursement Accounts Health Care Reimbursement Account - You can set aside pre-tax dollars up to the IRS limits each calendar year to a Health Care Reimbursement Account. The Health Care Reimbursement Account is designed to help pay for out of the pocket expenses not covered by medical, dental and vision care plans.
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account - You can set aside up to $5,000 on a pre-tax basis each calendar year in a Dependent Care Reimbursement Account to pay for eligible dependent care expenses, including childcare and eldercare services.
- Limited Expense Flexible Spending Account - This account is similar to the Health Care Reimbursement Account, except it is for dental and vision expenses only, and it is available only to participants in the High Deductible Health Plan.
PC Connection, Inc. is committed to ensuring that your family members are provided with financial security in the event of death. With FlexConnection, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance are considered a core benefit and paid at 100% by the company. Because each of us has different insurance needs - you will also have the choice of purchasing additional life insurance for both you and your family members with the Portable Family Term Life Insurance Program.
- Basic Employee Life and AD&D - As part of FlexConnection's core plan, you receive Basic employee life and AD&D insurance in the amount of 2 times your annual base rate and prior-year commission earnings at no cost to you. Maximum benefit is $800,000.
- Employee Portable Family Life and AD&D - You can choose from $10,000 to $500,000 ($250,000 for AD&D) of additional life insurance coverage for yourself in $10,000 increments.
- Spouse Portable Family Life and AD&D - You can choose from $10,000 to $500,000 ($250,000 for AD&D) of additional life insurance coverage for your spouse in $10,000 increments.
- Child(ren) Portable Family Life - $10,000 of coverage for each child up to age 26.
FlexConnection's disability plans offer income replacement to provide financial protection for you and your family if you can’t work over a temporary period of time because of illness, pregnancy, or injury. PC Connection, Inc. provides basic Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage at no cost to you. However, you have the option to increase your Short-Term and Long-Term Disability benefits by enrolling in the Premier Plans.
Short-Term Disability Plans
- Basic Value Plan - Pays a benefit equal to 60% of your basic weekly earnings. The weekly benefit maximum is $1,000 and is payable through 26 weeks of disability. PC Connection, Inc. pays the full cost of the basic plan.
- Premier Plan - Pays a benefit equal to 70% of your basic weekly earnings. The weekly benefit maximum is $3,500 and is payable through 26 weeks of disability. You pay only the difference between the Company-provided Basic Value Plan and the cost of the Premier Plan.
Long-Term Disability Plans
- Basic Value Plan - After 26 weeks of disability, the basic plan pays a benefit equal to 60% of your basic monthly earnings. The monthly benefit maximum is $10,000. PC Connection, Inc. pays the full cost of the basic plan.
- Premier Plan - After 26 weeks of disability, the enhanced plan pays a benefit equal to 66.67% of your basic monthly earnings. The monthly benefit maximum is $15,000. You pay only the difference between the Company-provided Basic Value Plan and the cost of the Premier Plan.
Important Disclaimer: This summary briefly describes various benefit plans, programs, and employee services of PC Connection, Inc. Some programs have eligibility requirements, which must be met for participation. For detailed information on each of these programs or plans, please refer to the applicable information available in Human Resources. If there are any discrepancies, the formal contract, policy, or Plan Document will prevail. PC Connection, Inc. reserves the right to amend or cancel, at any time, the programs and services described above.