Mobility is everywhere and your PC needs to be mobile as well. A tablet computer is simply put a one-piece computer primarily operated by a touchscreen. The simple touch of ones fingertips has replaced the need for the mouse and keyboard hardware components required to operate a desktop or laptop. In most tablets you still have the options of connecting a mouse or hardware keyboard via a wireless link or USB port. Tablets come in a variety of sizes with the smallest LCD screens still out sizing the largest smartphones or personal digital assistant (PDA). Keeping the weight to a minimal amount of usually 1-3 lbs. per device makes carrying, using and storing one easy and comfortable for the end user. Battery life in tablets can range up to 8, and sometimes even 10 hours depending upon amount of use, and application requirements on the battery. In harsh industrial environments, often times a ruggedized tablet is a good fit. IT can easily manage and secure a tablet with a MDM (Mobile Device Management) tool such as MobileIron.
To learn more about how you can implement, secure or purchase tablets and slates for your organization please contact your account manager or Gretchen Jakway, Mobile Point of Care Solution Manager at 910-515-7007.
- Run the same programs as your desktop PC in a sleek, light and compact form-factor
- Intuitive touchscreen gives you access to your favorite programs and apps with ease
- Use the revolutionary S Pen to compose emails, meeting reports, presentations and more
- 1.7GHz Intel Core i5 3317U / 4GB DDR3 SDRAM / 128GB Hard Drive
- 11.6in 1920 x 1080 Display / Intel HD Graphics 4000 / IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, Bluetooth 4.0, IEEE 802.11n
- Windows 8 Professional 64-bit / 1.9lb(s) / 1 Year Warranty