Acer and Windows 8
Beautiful, Fast, Fluid
Windows has been reimagined to focus on your life. The beautiful, fast, and fluid design is perfect for a range of hardware, from compact, touch-enabled tablets and lightweight notebooks, to PCs and large, powerful all-in-ones with high-definition screens.
Windows 8 is built on the rock-solid foundation of Windows 7, but it's been improved on all fronts. You can install Windows 8 on the same hardware that powers Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, and you’ll love how it works on new devices, too. Windows 8 was designed with Windows 7 apps in mind, because you probably have older apps you need to use.
The Benefits of Windows 8
- Cloud-Connected Anywhere, Anytime Productivity—Sign in to your Windows 8 device with your Microsoft account and you’re immediately connected to the people, files, and settings you care about. Your PC comes to life with all the things that make Windows yours, including your Start page, themes, language preferences, browsing history, and browser favorites.
- Enhanced Data Protection—Windows 8.1 Pro offers enhanced data protection, the ability to access your desktop remotely, and connectivity to your corporate or school networks via Domain join.
- Your Office, Your Way—Experience Office at its best on Windows 8 devices. Discover new and better ways to create, edit, and browse—using a keyboard, pen, or touchscreen.
Why Upgrade Now?
Support for Windows XP ends on April 8, 2014. There will be no more security updates or technical support for the Windows XP operating system. Migrating to a modern operating system, such as Windows 8.1, will help ensure your organization is protected and ready for the future.
Organizations moving to a modern operating system will benefit from:
- Dramatically enhanced security
- Broad device choice for a mobile workforce
- Higher user productivity
- Lower total cost of ownership through improved management capabilities
Get the most out of your Windows 8 experience with an Acer system designed to help you reach new levels of productivity, security, and performance.