The Way You Buy Software Is Changing
Autodesk is gradually transitioning new software purchases to subscription options only. In the first phase of this transition, new licenses of individual perpetual software products, (excluding Design and Creation Suites), will not be available for purchase after January 31, 2016. After that time, those individual products will be available only for rent as a Desktop Subscription. Desktop Subscriptions are now available in quarterly, annual, 2-, and 3-year plans
What's not changing?
Customers that already have a perpetual license—or who purchase a perpetual license through January 31, 2016—can continue to use those licenses going forward.
Customers with Maintenance Subscriptions will continue to receive benefits for as long as their Maintenance Subscriptions remain active.
Why are things changing?
A majority of Autodesk's customers have shown a preference for subscription options. This also aligns with industry trends for software delivery and cloud-based offerings.
What is Autodesk doing to ease the transition for customers?
- Providing adequate advance notice of upcoming changes to help give the time needed to assess options and make plans
- Offering subscribers the ability to continue to renew and receive/access the benefits of their Maintenance Subscription
- Providing the ability to lock in subscriptions rates by introducing multi-year Desktop Subscription options
- Offering Autodesk Account as the one place you can manage all products, subscriptions, and services
- Continuing to offer Autodesk perpetual licenses