URGENT PRODUCT RECALL NOTICE
March 6, 2014
Affected Devices: Certain Lantronix® SLC secure console managers
Dear Valued Lantronix Customer or Reseller:
Lantronix has identified a potential risk associated with a small percentage of Lantronix® SLC secure console managers manufactured between June 2013 and February 2014 and will conduct a voluntary corrective action to update affected SLC units. This recall notification details the issue, any potential risks and recommended steps for users to take if they have an affected SLC unit.
Affected Models: Only certain models of the Lantronix® SLC secure console manager may be affected. Specifically, the following SKUs are potentially affected:
All other versions of the Lantronix® SLC secure console manager are unaffected by this notice.
Affected Units: Of the models involved, only units with the MAC address listed on email@example.com or calling Customer Support at (866) 649-0721 or (949) 453-3990 x342, and we will verify whether your SLC unit is affected by this notification. Exhibit A are affected. If the MAC address of your SLC unit is not listed on Exhibit A, no further action is necessary. If you are uncertain whether your unit is affected, please contact us by emailing Lantronix Customer Support at
Important Information for Resellers: If you have sold or transferred your SLC unit to any other person, please: (1) contact Lantronix and provide us with the name and contact information for the person to whom you sold or transferred your SLC unit, so that we may also notify that person of this recall, and/or (2) forward this notice to the buyer.
Issue: Affected units have a defective wiring harness. If the unit is not properly grounded through its AC power cord, a blown fuse within the AC assembly might not remove voltage to the SLC unit. Although the SLC unit would not function, the chassis of the SLC unit could still be carrying voltage (i.e., be “hot”). The issue can be resolved by simply replacing the defective wire harness within the SLC unit.
Potential Risk: Under the circumstances described above, the SLC unit could cause a risk of electrocution to a user if the SLC unit is not properly grounded.
Actions Required: Lantronix recommends that its SLC customers take the following steps in response to this issue:
1. Review the “Affected Models” list above to determine if your SLC unit is potentially subject to this notice. If your SLC unit is not one of the models listed, no further action is necessary.
2. If your SLC is one of the potentially affected models, check the MAC address of your SLC unit. If your SLC unit has a MAC address listed on Exhibit A, the defective wire harness in your SLC unit may need to be replaced. Please contact Lantronix Customer Support by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (866) 649-0721 or (949) 453-3990 x342 to verify whether your SLC unit is affected. If the MAC address of your SLC unit is not listed on Exhibit A, no further action is necessary.
3. If your SLC unit is potentially affected, verify that your unit is properly grounded. If your unit is not properly grounded or you are unsure whether your unit is properly grounded, Lantronix recommends that you cease use of affected SLC units until a corrective action, as described below, can be completed.
4. Lantronix will either repair or provide a replacement SLC unit free of charge to all affected customers. Please contact Lantronix Customer Support by email at email@example.com or by telephone at (866) 649-0721 or (949) 453-3990 x342 to arrange a repair or replacement. Please be ready to provide the MAC address for your SLC unit.
5. If you have any questions, or are unsure as to how to proceed, please cease use of your SLC unit and contact Lantronix at (866) 649-0721 or (949) 453-3990 x342.
Contact Information: If you have any questions or concerns regarding this notification, please call Lantronix Customer Support at (866) 649-0721 or your local Lantronix sales office.
We appreciate your cooperation and we recognize the inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your support on this important matter.
Vice President of Operations