Microsoft SQL 2012
Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 is a cloud-ready information platform that helps unlock breakthrough insights across your organization and quickly build solutions to extend the reach of your data—on-premises and public cloud.
Microsoft SQL Server is a comprehensive database server and information platform backed by mission-critical confidence. It offers a complete set of enterprise-ready technologies and tools that help derive the most value from information at the lowest total cost of ownership. Microsoft SQL Server allows you to enjoy high levels of performance, availability, and security; employ more productive management and development tools; and deliver pervasive insight with self-service business intelligence (BI).
A complete and integrated platform, Microsoft SQL Server brings it all together to get more value out of existing IT skills and assets, increase the productivity and agility of IT departments, and quickly build flexible, innovative applications.
Required 9s and protection
Deliver required uptime and data protection, server to cloud, without wasting time and money.
- •Help reduce planned and unplanned downtime with the new integrated high availability and disaster recovery solution, SQL Server AlwaysOn
- Achieve maximum application availability and data protection with options to configure active, multiple secondaries and the ability to quickly failover and recover applications
Gain breakthrough and predictable performance backed by industry-leading benchmarks.
- Make a bet on a trusted platform that continuously leads in industry-relevant TPC-E, TPC-H, and real-world application performance benchmarks; release over release SQL Server is SAP-certified to run some of the industry’s most demanding workloads
- Significantly boost query performance, by up to ~10x for star join and similar queries with the new ColumnStore Index
Rapid data discovery
Empower end-users with new insights through rapid data exploration and visualization.
- Discover new insights at the speed of thought with Power View, a highly interactive, familiar browser-based data exploration, visualization, and presentation experience for users of all levels.
- Empower users of all levels to access and mash-up data from virtually any source, create compelling reports and analytical applications, and easily collaborate and share insights using familiar tools with PowerPivot for Microsoft Excel 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint 2010
Managed self-service BI
Enable users with self-service BI while gaining better monitoring and management capabilities for IT.
- Offload IT tasks and reduce support requests with self-service analytics tools, like Power View and PowerPivot, that scale to thousands across the organization
- Balance the need to monitor, manage, and govern the data and analytics end-users create with IT dashboards and controls that help IT monitor end-user activity, data source usage, and gather performance metrics from servers.
Cloud On Your Terms
Scale on demand
Scale on demand with flexible and hybrid deployment options on your terms—server to cloud.
- Gain operational flexibility with proven Microsoft cloud offerings, private or public, that deliver interoperable deployment options with SQL Server 2012
- Break free and scale beyond the constraints of any one deployment environment by taking advantage of hybrid IT opportunities with a common architecture that spans traditional servers, appliances, and the cloud
Extend any data, virtually anywhere
Extend the reach of data virtually anywhere across server and/or cloud with expansive developer technologies.
- Enable new scenarios with SQL Azure Data Sync, a cloud service that provides bi-directional data synchronization between databases across data center and cloud
- Provide a consistent and open data-feed to power multiple user experiences across the Web, devices, and desktop with OData, an open protocol built on widely used Web standards