Calculating Your Needs
While the benefits of server virtualization are undeniably real, expanding a virtual environment to reach its full potential demands a capable storage solution. You need to know your data usage patterns and build a storage solution that supports the way your servers, applications, and users work. Many organizations are investing in network storage technologies, such as Storage Area Network (SAN) solutions, to meet this demand for flexibility and agility.
If you don’t have a SAN solution in place, the initial investment can seem daunting. If you’re already using SAN-based storage, you’ll most likely need to invest in a toolset to manage your virtualization needs. It’s important to plan by creating a storage budget. While you may have to pay for adjustments to your storage solution up front, you’ll see significant operational savings almost immediately, through reduced management costs and fewer capacity upgrades.
Reduce your IT operating expenses and increase efficiency with a SAN storage solution that:
- Consumes less energy per terabyte than traditional direct attached storage
- Increases disk utilization while reducing the number of physical drives that you need to power, cool, and house
- Scales storage capacity on demand
- Replicates data to remote sites in real-time for worry-free file restoration and disaster recovery
- Allows you to maximize your server and desktop virtualization
Our storage design and installation services and SAN Jumpstart services will help you design and install your SAN, and offer you valuable knowledge transfer to support your infrastructure with confidence.