Collapse & Return to Top
Make more - Any app for any platform: Create applications for multiple devices, PCs, and the web — all powered by the cloud, and built on top of your existing applications and skills. Cross-platform technologies help you create applications for Windows, Android, and iOS from a single development solution.
Achieve more - Understand your team code: Visual Studio Professional provides powerful features to quickly understand your code. Code lens helps you stay focused on your work by showing code references, changes to your code, displaying who last modified a method, or discovering whether tests are passing — all from right where you are in your code.
Collaborate more - Deliver software faster: Visual Studio Professional 2015 with MSDN includes Team Foundation Server 2015. Get the benefit of the tools, services, and resources to facilitate better team collaboration and analytics feedback to deliver successful software projects. Take advantage of agile project planning tools, team rooms, charts and more included.
MSDN Subscription - Exclusive access to Microsoft’s vast developer resources: With a Visual Studio Professional with MSDN subscription, you get the software and benefits you need to stay up on all things code: including access to core Microsoft software for development and test, monthly cloud credits, collaboration tools, training courses, professional support, and more — the latest and greatest from Microsoft.
Software Assurance (SA) is an offering available with Microsoft Volume Licensing programs that helps you get the most from your software. Software Assurance is a comprehensive maintenance program that can help you gain control of your technology strategy, improve IT staff skills, decrease support spending, and effectively plan for new software deployments. With Software Assurance, you can access training and deployment resources that enable employees to work more efficiently than ever. You also acquire tomorrow's technology at today's prices and have the ability to spread payments annually instead of upfront (or in two-year payments for the MOB and MOV programs).
1. Newly released updates and upgrades of your software (Note: SA entitles you to the rights to the new software, but you will still need to purchase software media packs via the Microsoft Licensing Fulfillment [MLF] program.)
2. Home use rights for MS Office applications covered under SA.
3. For owners of Server products only -- access to TechNet Managed Newsgroups and TechNet Plus subscription media, ensuring that IT staff have resources available to address their technical issues
4. For customers with at least 5 server licenses and with all related client licenses also covered by SA -- Problem Resolution Support, which provides Web-based support for Standard Editions, and phone-based support for Enterprise Editions
5. Cold Server Backups - For each server license for which a customer has active Software Assurance, the customer has the right to install the same software on a "cold" backup server for use in disaster recovery.
Other tools include Corporate Error Reporting (CEP) to help you analyze problems and distribute fixes, Enterprise Source Licensing (1,500 desktops or more) that lets you access Microsoft Windows source code for internal development and support, and the Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) for speeding up and automating deployment.