- Intuitive space for all your ideas
- Stores text, images, video, & audio notes
- Streamlined, flexible work environment
Microsoft OneNote 2010 gives you the ultimate place to store and share your information in a single, easy-to-access location. Capture text, images, video and audio notes with OneNote 2010 to keep your thoughts, ideas, and important information readily available. By sharing your notebooks, you can simultaneously take and edit notes with other people on your network, or just keep everyone easily in sync and up-to-date. You can also take OneNote 2010 on the road with you by posting your notebooks online and accessing them from virtually anywhere using the Web or a smartphone.
You can now place OneNote to the side of your screen to have it constantly available for note-taking or references while researching on the Web through Windows Internet Explorer, reviewing a document in Microsoft Word 2010, or creating a Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 slide. When you need to remember where your ideas came from, the Linked Notes feature enables you to jump right to the source of your information with just a click.
OneNote 2010 helps save you time by eliminating the need to regroup information after the fact. With quick filing, you can easily pick a notebook to send your notes to as you insert them from multiple sources, including documents, Web pages, and e-mail messages.
When you work with multiple users on a shared notebook, automatic highlighting in OneNote 2010 provides you with a distinct view of changes since you last opened the notebook. Improved search in OneNote 2010 shows you search results as you type. In addition, a new ranking system learns from past choices, prioritizing notes, pages, page titles, and recent picks, so you can get to your information faster and more easily.
Store your notes online and edit your work through a Web browser when you're away from your office, home, or school. Stay up to the minute and take immediate action when necessary by using the mobile version of OneNote 2010 specifically suited to your smartphone.
OneNote 2010 simplifies how you access features. The new Microsoft Office Backstage view replaces the traditional File menu to let you share, print, and publish your notes with just a few clicks. New to OneNote 2010, the improved Ribbon lets you get to your favorite commands quickly and customize tabs or create your own to personalize the experience to your work style.
OneNote 2010 helps you work and communicate across different languages. Hover over a word for instant translation or translate selected text in just a couple of clicks. You can also select separate language settings for ScreenTips, Help content, and displays.
Software Assurance (SA) is an offering available with Microsoft Volume Licensing programs that helps you get the most from your software. Software Assurance is a comprehensive maintenance program that can help you gain control of your technology strategy, improve IT staff skills, decrease support spending, and effectively plan for new software deployments. With Software Assurance, you can access training and deployment resources that enable employees to work more efficiently than ever. You also acquire tomorrow's technology at today's prices and have the ability to spread payments annually instead of upfront (or in two-year payments for the MOB and MOV programs).
1. Newly released updates and upgrades of your software (Note: SA entitles you to the rights to the new software, but you will still need to purchase software media packs via the Microsoft Licensing Fulfillment [MLF] program.)
2. Home use rights for MS Office applications covered under SA.
3. For owners of Server products only -- access to TechNet Managed Newsgroups and TechNet Plus subscription media, ensuring that IT staff have resources available to address their technical issues
4. For customers with at least 5 server licenses and with all related client licenses also covered by SA -- Problem Resolution Support, which provides Web-based support for Standard Editions, and phone-based support for Enterprise Editions
5. Cold Server Backups - For each server license for which a customer has active Software Assurance, the customer has the right to install the same software on a "cold" backup server for use in disaster recovery.
Other tools include Corporate Error Reporting (CEP) to help you analyze problems and distribute fixes, Enterprise Source Licensing (1,500 desktops or more) that lets you access Microsoft Windows source code for internal development and support, and the Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) for speeding up and automating deployment.